A complete guide covering what the Workplace Charging Scheme is, how you can claim £500 per electric car charging point for your business -up to 20 single chargers
What is the Worplace Charging Scheme?
The Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS) is a government scheme for electric cars offered by the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV).
- The Workplace Charging Scheme provides £500 off the cost of the purchasing & installing of a new charge point (single socket).
- You can claim up to a maximum of 20 chargepoints (20 single socket or 10 double socket chargepoints).
- You can’t back-claim for old chargepoints.
WCS is a voucher-based scheme designed to provide eligible applicants with support towards the upfront costs of the purchase and installation of EV chargepoints. The contribution is limited to the 75% of purchase and installation costs, up to a maximum of £500 for each socket, up to a maximum of 20 across all sites for each applicant.
How do I qualify for the Worplace Charging Scheme?
The Workplace Charging Scheme is available from the 21st November 2016 onwards to any business, charity or public authority.
- You must have off-street parking.
- No electric vehicle (EV) proof is needed, but you will need to clarify a need for the business.
- You must have the chargepoints installed by an OLEV-approved workplace charging point installer.
How does the Workplace Charging Scheme work?
The Workplace Charging Scheme is a voucher based system.
- We can claim for you Contact us here
- If successful you will be emailed a voucher code which you can then present to your OLEV-approved installer.
- The voucher code is valid for 4 months only.
What are the benefits of electric car charging points for business?
30% of electric vehicle drivers do their charging at the workplace.
- Your employees can save nearly £1,000 a year in fuel costs.
- You can offer electric vehicle charging to your visitors.
- You can reduce employee benefit in kind tax by up to 86% for company cars.
- A green fleet can help reduce CO2 emissions and reach sustainability goals.